Whats better than Plaid? NOTHING!!
Once upon a time, I was in a flea market (go figure) called Grandma's Collectibles (in Cabot). one of the booths had mounds of material, mostly scraps, and mostly very old plain colors. I was about to move on when suddenly....PLAID. I bought it without hesitation, but knew not what to make of it. Then one fateful day, my brain started scheming. I grabbed my handy-dandy NOTEBOOK! sat down in my thinking chair and sketched, sketched, sketched.
- Corvii added Suspender Kilt Skirt to Clothing 07 Feb 07:34
- Corvii favorited Suspender Kilt Skirt 07 Feb 07:34
- tabitha.leveque favorited Suspender Kilt Skirt 28 Nov 06:26
- Karina R. favorited Suspender Kilt Skirt 28 Jun 12:07
- Vi F. favorited Suspender Kilt Skirt 18 Jun 17:37
- DeadGirl added Suspender Kilt Skirt to outfit 11 Apr 10:09
- gypsy abru added Suspender Kilt Skirt to how to costume 25 Mar 06:20
- Ghosts are Green favorited Suspender Kilt Skirt 25 Aug 22:34
- Hollie P. added Suspender Kilt Skirt to saving for later 23 Aug 12:08
- † Wayward Deer † favorited Suspender Kilt Skirt 16 Jun 07:25
I am soo sorry I do not have progress pics to make this easier, but it is super simple.
and the suspenders can be worn up, or down. Its cute either way (see pics)
I took my fabric (not sure how much I had, about a yard??) folded it over. from the corner (next to the fold, so we have few seams) I marked down 8inches. this gave me about a 27 inch waist.
from the waist, I marked down about 15 1/2inches, It was literally all the length I had.
I recommend going to about 20inches, otherwise it will be rather short (as you can tell). DON'T FORGET YOU HAVE TO HEMN.
I usually wear tights with it, because the length makes me a bit uncomfortable in really public places.
sew the open side of the skirt up, but not all the way. leave room for the zipper, a lot if you have a butt like me.
I made a band for the waist. about 26inches long, and 1.5-2inches wide.
attach to the skirt and waistband.
I got a red invisible zipper, but I'm sure a variety of colors would have worked with this material.
I also got used a hook and eye for extra support on the waistband (I like mine tight)
for the suspender straps, I made them about 1 3/4inch wide. I had to iron them down to make them flat. (I sewed long tubes together, had to turn them right side out, etc.)
these are going to vary for each person, so make sure you make them extra way too long, so you will have to trim them.
I recommend attaching the back first. putting on the skirt, and adjusting the front so that you get the desired tension.