takes your dark hair to honey blonde without suffering with elastic ends or straw dryness!
Raise your hand if you’re a suicide blonde…or redhead…or brunette…or any other notfoundnaturallyonyourhead colour.
For over 20 years my hair colour changed at least 3 times a year – usually from blonde to red to auburn and eventually back to blonde.
Anyone who has ever attempted to go from dyed dark hair to bombshell blonde has experienced the dreaded orange *with yellow accents* clown hair. I have had RonaldMcDonaldHead more times than I care to admit but a few years ago I came up with a plan that takes my dark hair to honey blonde without suffering with elastic ends or straw dryness!
And so I present my 2 day hair journey to honey blonde:
- Vicki's Fun favorited Suicide Blonde… 26 Feb 17:04
- Rhonda G. favorited Suicide Blonde… 20 Mar 16:11
- Sassy M. favorited Suicide Blonde… 27 Jun 01:51
- PineconePrincess favorited Suicide Blonde… 21 Apr 15:48
- Andy A. favorited Suicide Blonde… 07 Mar 06:18
- Confessions of a Refashionista replied to a comment on her project Suicide Blonde… 26 Sep 05:24
- Katzilla favorited Suicide Blonde… 25 Sep 22:04
- Katzilla commented on Suicide Blonde… 25 Sep 22:04
- MissMarcelline favorited Suicide Blonde… 21 Sep 19:21
- Alissa B. favorited Suicide Blonde… 03 Aug 01:28
First: ensure that your hair is in good condition…the next step is a lovely lock murderer if your hair is already dry, damaged & break-y (my hair bio: I have crazy thick, shoulder length hair that is treated to fancy hair conditioning masks once a week to keep the dries away – it had been coloured Glowing Copper & highlighted for 8 months then covered with Mahogony Brown prior to this blonding – actually much darker than shown in the pic. )
Time to de-clown…the safest solution for my hair has always been to ash it up with a double dose of Viking!
*The science bit: Ash colour contains violet and thus cancels out the orange*
I lurv loreal colours…they’re lovely to apply & come with a huge tube of treatment conditioner & gloves that actually fit lady hands!
The total cost: 48 hours + 2 boxes of bleach + 2 boxes of colour + 1 bottle of shampoo = a mere €20.65
Definitely worth it!
*You may still have some bits of light orange throughout your locks but fear not it will fade soon enough. Any remaining orange will vanish when you dye your roots in another 2 – 4 weeks.
*Remember: blonde hair is a tad high maintenance…ya gotta do those roots & depending on how fast your hair grows you may be having a little bathroom beauty party twice a month!