The Cake Parlour Sweet Tables
© 2023 Zoe Clark / F+W Media · Reproduced with permission.
- Key West Witch favorited Sugarpaste Roses 26 Jun 22:07
- Luna D. favorited Sugarpaste Roses 25 Apr 06:01
- Rebecca M. favorited Sugarpaste Roses 24 Jun 11:06
- Pimke added Sugarpaste Roses to Kuchen 14 Mar 11:25
- KelliDroze added Sugarpaste Roses to Seasonal 27 Oct 23:32
- Rikki L. favorited Sugarpaste Roses 07 Oct 13:44
- Miss Monstro favorited Sugarpaste Roses 13 Jul 00:03
- OH! Its the Domo :3 favorited Sugarpaste Roses 01 Jul 22:55
- Grimgirl101 favorited Sugarpaste Roses 20 Jun 22:42
- dalekordancer favorited Sugarpaste Roses 08 Jun 06:45
Wrap three petals around the centre roll so that they overlap one another. Squeeze the base of the rose slightly if necessary to keep the rose together.
If the paste is too soft or sticky, leave it for 10 minutes for the CMC to develop and harden the paste. If it’s still too sticky, knead in a little more CMC.
Continue squeezing the base of the rose and then pull away the excess paste. Set the rose aside on a tray lined with a sheet of baking (parchment) paper.
To make the small roses, repeat the process used for the large roses but without adding the five petals for the outer layer. Once the three petals are attached around the centre of the rose, simply peel them back as before and then pull away the excess paste from the base.
You can make the roses well in advance and store them in a box (not an airtight container) in a cool, dry place.