Strawberry and Lime Mini Cheesecakes a Cinco De Mayo inspired recipe
2 pkg. (8 oz. each) Cream Cheese, softened
1 pkg. mascarpone cheese
1/2 cup caster/white sugar
1 tsp. grated lemon zest (2 limes)
juice of 2 limes
1 cup sliced and hulled strawberries
1-2 tablespoons of caster/white sugar
for the base:
12 biscuits (makes roughly 1½ cups crumbs)
2 tablespoons melted butter
1 tablespoon caster/white sugar
½ teaspoon ground cinnamon (optional)
6 glass ramekin dishes.
(about 30 minutes to make plus 4 hours to set)
- Sveta favorited Strawberry And Lime Mini Cheesecakes 04 Dec 17:54
- leksee.swenson favorited Strawberry And Lime Mini Cheesecakes 26 Jul 04:32
- Kaiulani W. favorited Strawberry And Lime Mini Cheesecakes 10 Jul 01:48
- Kt Bing added Strawberry And Lime Mini Cheesecakes to Kaley Cuoco - DIY The Look 17 Jun 21:23
- Lejka B. favorited Strawberry And Lime Mini Cheesecakes 07 May 18:21
- HylianWriter534 added Strawberry And Lime Mini Cheesecakes to To-Make List (Food) 08 Mar 21:07
- HylianWriter534 favorited Strawberry And Lime Mini Cheesecakes 21 Feb 18:37
- jessica.boulanger.10 added Strawberry And Lime Mini Cheesecakes to foods 26 Jan 02:31
- Rachel D. favorited Strawberry And Lime Mini Cheesecakes 05 Jul 16:35
Crush the biscuits and add the melted butter and cinnamon (optional). Mix well and press firmly into the ramekin dishes (alternatively for a larger cheesecake us an 8-inch pie pan). Pat down using the back of a tablespoon. Place in fridge for 30mins to set.
While base is setting. Mix together cream cheese, mascarpone, lime zest, lime juice (I normally put the lime juice in to taste roughly about 2 limes worth but if you would prefer a zestier cheesecake add 1 more) sugar, using a wooden spoon or electric mixer. Pour the cheese mixture over the base and spread evenly. Put cheesecakes in the fridge for at least 1 hour to set, (if making a large cheesecake it will need at least 4 hours to set, preferably overnight).
While the cheesecakes are setting, slice the strawberries and sprinkle with a generous amount of sugar (1 to 2 tablespoons). Just before serving spoon the sliced strawberries and juice over the mini cheesecakes.
cook's notes: I have made these cheesecakes many times and they are always dissapear quickly... I will be making them again next week for Cinco De Mayo to go along with burritos, nachos, and possibly some cinnamon tortilla crisps too.