Steampunk from... Ikea?
A pair of earrings I made last summer. Sorry for the lack of photos of the process of making them.
- Maladignia added Steampunk Earrings to Victorian/Steampunk wedding 06 Jul 13:39
- Kay Bay favorited Steampunk Earrings 04 May 14:39
- Linkin Logs added Steampunk Earrings to Steampunk 14 Jan 05:03
- C K. favorited Steampunk Earrings 05 Oct 00:29
- nicoleah218 added Steampunk Earrings to Steam Punk 25 Aug 15:37
- Julia K. favorited Steampunk Earrings 26 Jul 02:38
- Patra added Steampunk Earrings to Gioielli 22 Jun 16:27
- Patra favorited Steampunk Earrings 22 Jun 14:59
- Krista B. added Steampunk Earrings to When I have the guts! 19 Jun 16:47
- Erell L. favorited Steampunk Earrings 26 Apr 09:35
Gather the rest of you supplies. If you want your earrings in a different color than the oldschool goldish one (black, white and bright pink are some that I would like to try), now is the time to spray paint them.
Then, lay out your design. I wanted mine to be roughly the same length, so I matched a couple of small cogs with a long clock hand and three bulky cogs with a short clock hand.
Time to put things together. I made some rings of wire to join the cogs and clock hand together, but where I couldn't do that, I used a softer wire to sort of "stitch" them together (hiding the end of the wire at the back). Then ad your earring hooks, and voilá, you have a pair of earrings :D