steampunk dress, bustle skirt, modifying old costumes to new wonders!
This is a costume I made for comicon. It a few different pieces. 1) I modified a dress that I had bought on ebay (Red Rockabilly Full Swing Dress - as pictured). I didn't like the dress it was too big. So I took it in on the sides cut off the bottom and reattached the bottom but shorter and pleated it.
2) I made a bustle skirt that was open in the front from the Tutorial found here! It buttons in the front so I can wear it with other things.
3) Spats! I made those by cutting off the tops of capri leggings and added studs on the sides and a band of elastic on the bottom to hold them to the shoe.
4) Corset, from a specialty store
5) Random belts and purse from a thrift store
6) MASK- I made this mask from leather and a bedazzler and leather studs
It turned out pretty awesome I think!
Tiffany L. posted this project as a creation without steps
Here are some similar tutorials to help you make this one!