Beautiful and Unique Rug!
It is a simple process that brings one of a kind results. Today I am focusing more on the technique and from there you can apply it to your own projects.
- noraknickers added Spiralling Rug Tutorial to Room DIY 29 Apr 19:48
- Carrie C. favorited Spiralling Rug Tutorial 18 Jun 00:06
- Ashley C. favorited Spiralling Rug Tutorial 28 Sep 04:02
- Thirza T. favorited Spiralling Rug Tutorial 26 Jan 14:18
- Brenda L. added Spiralling Rug Tutorial to projects to make 18 Jan 20:17
- jessica.boulanger.10 favorited Spiralling Rug Tutorial 23 Dec 05:22
- Chachee.rayna added Spiralling Rug Tutorial to Sew, Sew! 17 Dec 23:14
- Pat B. published her project Spiralling Rug Tutorial 18 Aug 20:42
The rug consists of fabric braids. Each braid is made with three 1" strips (choose colors randomly), and one strip of Caviar which you will keep together with which-ever one of the colors throughout the entire braid.
The first step is to make an over-hand knot with all of the strips at once. Make it as close to the edge as possible.
Once you have the size that you want, pass thread from one side to the other making sure you go through the center of your rug each time. Repeat in various directions making sure you create knots at both ends to hold the rug together. This is a very delicate rug. The more you hold it with thread, the stronger it will be.