A painting of a galaxy upon a black glittery background
A painting of a galaxy upon a black glittery background. Is very versatile and can be done from images or imagination and on any sized canvas. Great for a gift or for your self or for use of sensory stimulation due to the texture of the glitter.
- Conner W. added Sparkling Galaxy to wall ideas 11 Feb 23:32
- Corvii added Sparkling Galaxy to :) 22 Nov 20:56
- Conner W. added Sparkling Galaxy to gift ideas 16 Sep 01:13
- Conner W. added Sparkling Galaxy to craft ideas 16 Sep 01:13
- Conner W. commented on Sparkling Galaxy 16 Sep 01:13
- Meredith T. favorited Sparkling Galaxy 02 Jul 02:56
- RayGunGirl added Sparkling Galaxy to Bath 06 Feb 02:18
- Melanie S. published her project Sparkling Galaxy 02 Feb 02:37
Cover the canvas in the sparkling paste. You will need to put two to three coats of the paste on leave to dry between each coat . To help make this process go faster you can sprinkle lose glitter over the glue. Once the glitter layers are dry paint a plain layer of Mod Podge over the top to seal in the glitter wait till it dry and hardens. Again drying times will depend on white size canvas you use the best way to tell is when the glue has gone clear.
Now comes time to paint I used a google image search on galaxys to help give insperation. There are really no wrong ways or right ways to paint your galaxy. First you need to paint the base colour or colours of the galaxy you want to make your paint a little watery to help give a soft flowing look to the galaxy. Wait for the paint to dry . Once your initial galaxy is dry its time to make the stars by using the toothbrush with white paint to flick a fine layer of paint over the canvas. You can go back later and add some larger stars with a fine paint brush.