Natural Beauty Alchemy
Perfumed balms are easy to make and store well. Three main ingredients are needed: a solid base such as beeswax or shea butter; a liquid oil that will soften the solid phase, such as almond oil, olive oil, or jojoba oil; and a scent made by mixing a few of your favorite essential oils.
- Joanne S. added Solid Perfume to gift ideas 14 Nov 16:24
- Amber C. favorited Solid Perfume 02 Oct 21:47
- RareJewel favorited Solid Perfume 16 May 05:38
- Jayne W. added Solid Perfume to Hermione Granger 28 Mar 17:21
- Beth H. favorited Solid Perfume 26 Sep 11:35
- Jeff S. favorited Solid Perfume 07 Sep 06:00
- autumn rose l. favorited Solid Perfume 13 Aug 22:11
- SamanthaJ added Solid Perfume to HBA 28 Jun 16:26
- SamanthaJ favorited Solid Perfume 18 Jun 16:51
- Alyssa D. added Solid Perfume to Not quite but close 25 May 05:30
In a double boiler, melt the shea butter, and then add the almond oil. Mix quickly with a whisk, turn off the heat, and continue whisking as you add the essential oils.
Transfer the mixture to a tin box and allow it to cool before fastening the lid.
Use as a solid perfume by rubbing little amounts on warm body spots such as behind the ears and inside the wrists.