Complete Dressmaking Skills
You can make a simple sleeveless top using a basic rectangular shape. You will need your bust measurement as well as your shoulder-to-hip length and shoulder- to-bust length.
- Rebecca C. favorited Simple Top 12 Jul 19:04
- Rhonda G. favorited Simple Top 17 Apr 02:32
- Xfluffy_unitatoX favorited Simple Top 19 Nov 23:09
- Emma added Simple Top to Going to make 26 Apr 20:02
- bolaa l. favorited Simple Top 28 Jan 22:37
- PunkinsBabie favorited Simple Top 01 Oct 17:18
- Rosie R. favorited Simple Top 19 Sep 12:11
- Buttercup favorited Simple Top 28 Aug 12:52
- Ariel S. favorited Simple Top 26 Aug 00:56
- alinamv added Simple Top to clothes 28 Jul 23:31
On the front panel, mark vertical fold
lines for the 2.5cm- (1in-) wide front band where the fabric will be folded to create an integrated facing for the buttonholes and buttons. Mark the waist position at the side seam and a point 5cm (2in) below for a vent at the lower end of the side seam.
To make up the top, choose a suitable fabric and cut out one back to a fold and two front pieces. Fold the front band into position and topstitch then finish the armholes and neck edge by binding with bias strips or facings. Make two narrow ties to insert in the side seams at the waist – when
tied at the back, these will add shape to the garment by identifying the waist. Leave the lower end of the side seams open.