She sells seashells by the sea shore!
Be careful with the hot glue gun; it hurts when you burn your fingers...OUCH! :(
- Barbara M. added Shell Wreath to projects I likes... 27 Mar 23:56
- Barbara M. favorited Shell Wreath 27 Mar 23:56
- Jennie I. added Shell Wreath to Mermaid's Hideaway 05 Aug 16:21
- Fred L. favorited Shell Wreath 22 Jun 05:20
- Rachel W. added Shell Wreath to Beach Party 10 Apr 14:40
- rachael p. favorited Shell Wreath 06 Mar 12:16
- rachael p. added Shell Wreath to Wreaths 06 Mar 12:16
- Kay T. favorited Shell Wreath 16 Nov 16:29
- zoegirl221 favorited Shell Wreath 21 Sep 22:01
- Josaurus20 favorited Shell Wreath 30 Jun 21:29
Sort out your seashells in like piles.
Lay craft wreath flat; and before glueing, decide where you want to place your first 4 like shells.
(Tip: You should place bigger shells first; beginning on the sides, top and bottom.)
Using a hot glue gun; glue them on in the desired position and hold until they are securely in place (be careful not to burn fingers).
Take 4 more larger different shells and place and glue them between the other shells and near the top, the same distance as the others are on the bottom.
Tie the sheer ribbon around the top, then tie a small loop at the back for hanging; then tie a bow in the front touching the wreath and not directly over the shells. (You may have to figure this out a bit, because I'm not exactly sure how I did it.)
You will be glueing shells around the bow and on top of the other ribbon, so make sure that it hangs okay, before continuing on.
Start filling in with other smaller shells, making sure to cover wreath completely; you can overlap shells a little if you need to. (Tip: the trick is to match the same shells around the wreath at equal distances apart, so that they match on each side.)
I put a couple of the larger shells on the bottom inside part of the wreath, but turned them around.
Make sure to put shells on the sides and inside wreath as well, covering the entire wreath so that you don't see it anymore.