A stuffed toy to bust your scrap stash!
An easy-peasy turtle pattern that ate up some random scraps I couldn't bare to part with, for some reason.
I saw something like it online, and drew the pattern myself.
4 small rectangles for the feet, a curved triangle for the talk, and a swollen rectangle-ish piece for the head.
A 7 inch circle for the belly, and for the shell pieces, a sort of triangle shaped piece, with only one flat edge (the bottom edge) about 5.25 inches, 3 inches tall (slightly curved side edge toward the point of the triangle) with a curved top edge of 5.25 inches. If that's confusing, I'll try to upload the drawings.
I sewed each of the feet, tail and head pieces, stuffed them and sewed the shut. Then I sewed up two of the shell pieces together. I pinned the head and tail to one set of shell sides and sewed (head and tail pointed inwards!) and then sewed the other shell piece on top, right sides facing. Then I sewed the feet in on each shell piece (feet pointed inwards!).
With the feet tucked in with the head and tail, I placed the bottom circle on, right side down, and sewed leaving an inch for turning.
Then I just stuffed it with fabric and stuffing scraps from the cutting.
I sewed the eyes on last, sort of sewing them "together" through the head piece.
- Sarah Sylvia S. favorited Scrap Busting Turtles 20 Jul 17:55
- JJ W. favorited Scrap Busting Turtles 18 Apr 17:12
- Charlotte H. favorited Scrap Busting Turtles 10 Aug 20:10
- Maxine M. added Scrap Busting Turtles to To-make list 06 Apr 06:15
- Tori K. favorited Scrap Busting Turtles 14 Dec 02:15
- Shantelle t. added Scrap Busting Turtles to something i'd like to try 02 Oct 02:38
- Kathy Gregson added Scrap Busting Turtles to Baby 17 Sep 13:20
- Penny F. commented on Scrap Busting Turtles 16 Sep 14:58
- Penny F. added Scrap Busting Turtles to TO MAKE! 16 Sep 14:56
- Penny F. favorited Scrap Busting Turtles 16 Sep 14:55