A girlie refashion for a little boy's shirt!
Summer is almost upon us, and what better way to celebrate than making a cute new top? Here's a super quick transformation you can do in about an hour! Some basic sewing skills are required, but it's still an easy project for beginners who take their time. Click the photos to expand them to full size and feel free to save them to your computer :D
- AnA W. added Ruffled Crop Top Refashion to Shirts 18 May 07:17
- Key West Witch favorited Ruffled Crop Top Refashion 12 Sep 12:23
- Tamara D. added Ruffled Crop Top Refashion to Sew Tops 03 Sep 21:45
- Stephanie N. favorited Ruffled Crop Top Refashion 10 Sep 04:32
- Miss_Fit favorited Ruffled Crop Top Refashion 08 Jul 21:22
- Meredith T. favorited Ruffled Crop Top Refashion 29 Jun 02:52
- Fugulicious added Ruffled Crop Top Refashion to To-make list 17 May 20:00
- effy.kingly favorited Ruffled Crop Top Refashion 08 Dec 14:20
- Zombie Babe added Ruffled Crop Top Refashion to new wardrobe 29 Sep 09:10
- Kristen P. favorited Ruffled Crop Top Refashion 01 Jul 07:51
Flip the shirt inside out and pinch darts just below the bust. The bottom of the shirt should be snug against your ribcage. Alternatively, you can use a long straight stitch to gather under each breast. (Don't forget to remove the gather threads at the end!)
You can connect the 4 strips from the bottom of the shirt, or leave them loose like I did, with 2 for the front and 2 for the back. Gather or pleat them to fit the bottom of the shirt.
You can stitch the strips to the shirt right-sides-together as in a traditional seam, then apply stretch-lace trim afterwards. I chose to put the strips right on top of the free edge of the shirt and used the lace to cover the raw edges.
***Make sure to use a stretch-stitch or a short, narrow zigzag stitch! Otherwise the stitches will pop when you go to put the shirt on.***