© 2022 Natalia Colman / Search Press · Reproduced with permission.
- Key West Witch favorited Roses Necklace & Ring Set 27 Jun 17:14
- Ghost C. favorited Roses Necklace & Ring Set 04 Feb 22:37
- veronica f. favorited Roses Necklace & Ring Set 10 Feb 17:06
- Rebecca M. favorited Roses Necklace & Ring Set 11 Jun 17:21
- Jessica S. favorited Roses Necklace & Ring Set 22 Feb 06:04
- Southern Crafter favorited Roses Necklace & Ring Set 23 Sep 04:40
- Emma H. favorited Roses Necklace & Ring Set 14 Sep 20:07
- Suzi T. favorited Roses Necklace & Ring Set 11 Sep 12:58
- Search Press published her project Roses Necklace & Ring Set 11 Sep 06:00
You Will Need
Draw a heart shape measuring 3 x 3cm (1¼ x 1¼in) and another measuring 2 x 2cm (¾ x ¾in) onto a piece of card and cut these out. Draw around the templates on the nappa leather with a ballpoint pen. Cut out two of the smaller hearts and three of the larger hearts for each leather rose. Make sure that you cut them out inside the ballpoint pen outline so that this does not show.
Apply some glue halfway up one of the small hearts. You can choose to have the suede or smooth side of the leather facing outwards, or use a combination of both. Place an eye pin lengthways down the centre of the heart. Take one edge of the heart and roll it up tightly.
Apply some leather glue to another small heart. Stick this around the heart you curled up previously.
Apply some glue to one of the larger hearts and stick this on top of the previous heart. Fold back the curved part of the heart so that it begins to form a rose petal shape. Repeat this process with the other two large heart shapes.
Form another two roses using the hearts and allow the glue to dry.
Trim the end of the eye pin with wire cutters, leaving 1cm (½in) of wire above the rose. Use the round-nosed pliers to bend the wire to a 45-degree angle. Form a loop with the round-nosed pliers. Repeat this process with each rose.
Open the eye pins and attach them to one another so the roses are connected. Thread some beading wire through the last eye pin on the right. Thread a crimp through both ends of the beading wire. Use flat-nosed pliers to flatten the crimp. Place a crimp cover over the crimp. Thread on the beads until you have the desired necklace length. Repeat this process on the other side of the necklace.
Attach a crimp, crimp cover and a clasp at each end of the necklace.
To make the ring, use the excess leather to create another rose shape but do not insert an eye pin into the centre. Trim the leather at the base of the rose so that it is flat. Apply some glue to the blank bezel inside the ring. Press the base of the rose firmly into the glue and allow the glue to dry for two hours.