Saved By Cake
- aneniine favorited Rocky Road Cake 27 Mar 10:57
- Shantelle t. added Rocky Road Cake to food!! 08 Dec 13:46
- Miss Monstro favorited Rocky Road Cake 13 Aug 12:25
- Kaiulani W. favorited Rocky Road Cake 10 Jul 00:51
- JESSICA WABBIT favorited Rocky Road Cake 30 Jun 00:34
- Grimgirl101 favorited Rocky Road Cake 20 Jun 21:48
- Inappropriate Penguin favorited Rocky Road Cake 19 Jun 15:30
- Claire C. favorited Rocky Road Cake 11 Jun 13:42
- Irene Wildfox added Rocky Road Cake to Food and Drink 08 Jun 22:36
- Donna N. favorited Rocky Road Cake 08 Jun 09:48
A no-bake cake. Easy peasy to make and everyone loves it.
I used ready roasted hazelnuts with their skins off, but if you prefer to roast your own: place the hazelnuts in a single layer on a baking tray and roast in a 180ºC/350ºF/gas 4 oven for 5 to 8 minutes or under the grill for 2 minutes until browned, checking regularly that they aren’t burning.
To make the cake, begin by lining a 20cm square tin with clingfilm, leaving bits overhanging the sides so you can lift the cake out easily.
Break the biscuits into small pieces, smaller than bite-sized, but not reduced entirely to crumbs.
Melt the chocolate, butter and golden syrup in a large heatproof bowl set over a pan of simmering water.
Remove the bowl from the heat and stir in the broken biscuits, then add the dried fruit, nuts and marshmallows.
Stir well, then pour into the prepared tin and refrigerate for 6 hours.
Lift out of the tin and peel off the clingfilm. Cut into sixteen chunks.
Watch people devour.