Rhumba Earrings Tutorial
Today we're going to be making a set of earrings that require very little supplies, one basic skill, and can be completely customized to any color or to compliment any outfit. It's a fun and playful earring that I just love!
- Marla D favorited Rhumba Earrings 23 May 17:50
- Cheryl S. added Rhumba Earrings to Earings 19 Dec 09:26
- Lisa M. added Rhumba Earrings to My earring favs 18 Oct 14:12
- Lisa M. favorited Rhumba Earrings 18 Oct 14:12
- Aaliyah D. favorited Rhumba Earrings 27 Mar 08:00
- MissyCupcake favorited Rhumba Earrings 16 Feb 03:40
- Shiny Stuff On LSD added Rhumba Earrings to STUFF TO MAKE 14 Sep 23:34
- Shiny Stuff On LSD favorited Rhumba Earrings 14 Sep 23:34
- James A. commented on Rhumba Earrings 12 Aug 11:06
- Impluse L. commented on Rhumba Earrings 24 Jul 06:43
To begin, tighten and completely close 4 of the small jump rings. Twist the ring ends sideways past each other slightly if they aren't lining up.
Next, open the rest of the jump rings by twisting the ends past each other while holding with 2 pairs of pliers. Never pull the ends away from each other, this will distort the circular shape of the ring and make it difficult to return to its previous form.
With one opened small ring, pick up two of the closed small rings. Twist the open ring closed completely, being careful there are no gaps between wire ends.
Attach another ring to the end of the chain and twist closed. Add one final ring to the end of the chain, and attach an ear wire.
Add a seed bead to each large jump ring. Close one beaded ring on the bottom link of the chain, and two on each link moving up, on opposite sides of the chain as pictured.
Note: It's definitely easier to attach the beaded rings from the bottom up, not starting at the top as pictured here. This just makes it easier to see how to attach the rings to either side of the chain.