A cute little tea dress ^^
This was my first time ever making something from a paper pattern
- Robin Martin favorited Red Spotted Dress 03 Aug 06:01
- Hollie P. added Red Spotted Dress to saving for later 23 Aug 12:12
- Shawnshawn D. favorited Red Spotted Dress 24 Apr 05:13
- Rhonda G. favorited Red Spotted Dress 18 Apr 08:38
- Emma H. favorited Red Spotted Dress 13 Apr 17:49
- jenny.bowman.77 added Red Spotted Dress to Day the look 21 Mar 18:12
- Heidi H. added Red Spotted Dress to Amelie 02 Mar 16:15
- Pimke added Red Spotted Dress to Shirts 22 Jan 16:16
- Liz Morales favorited Red Spotted Dress 13 Sep 17:20
- Rose K. favorited Red Spotted Dress 21 Aug 06:59
Prepare the Facing:
Stitch together the shoulder seams of the facing pieces, then press them open. Now, make a small hem on the outside edge of the facing. Do this by firmly pressing 1cm to the wrong side, then machine stitching.
Stitch on the Facing:
Turn the dress right side out and place the facing right side down around the neckline. Align the raw edges and stitch. Cut a V-notch out of the seam a the point of the V-neck. Clip the curves. Press the seams open, then press the facing to the inside of the dress. Secure the facing in position with a couple of small hand stitches at each shoulder seam.
Stitch on the Sleeves:
Turn the dress inside out.Now pin the right side of the sleeve to the right side of the dress, matching the pin at the top of the sleeve with the shoulder, and pin in position. Pull up the gathering threads so the top of the sleeve fits the top of the armhole. Pin the flat underarm part of the sleeve in position. Stitch. Press the seams open. Repeat with the other sleeve.
Insert the Invisible Zip:
Position the zip in the left side seam between the front and back, so the top of the teeth align with the sleeve hem edge. It should be about 1/3 above the dent in the dress cut, and 2/3 below. Sew the zip inside. Stitch the seam from the bottom of the zip to the hemline and press the seam open. To neaten the ends of the zip tapes, fold the tops under and slip-stitch in place.
Stitch the Right Side Seam:
Now stitch the right side seam from the hem, all the way up the side and along the short length of the underarm sleeve seam. Press the seam open.
Hem the Dress:
At the hemline, turn up and machine stitch a 1cm double hem. And you're done!!