The latest buzzzzz & craze!!!
I thought it would be pretty cute to make one of these. I saw some in the mall, but I didn't want to pay an arm and a leg for them. So I came home and started cutting up my mags. and came up with this! I don't have to buy one now! + I made one that is more ME! (= a little bee-ish rather than the goth/punk style ones I had seen. Just something different.
Just a little F.Y.I. - For the time on this project, I put five hours because it takes a while for the glue to dry completely. Also it depends on how thick you put the magazines. The thicker it is, the longer it will take.
I may not have been clear one some parts SO if you have any questions feel totally free to ask! I am not the best at explaining things (: hahahaha!
♥ Happy Crafting! ♥
- Mz.Green Eyed Beauty favorited Recycled Magazine Mini Top Hat 13 Apr 10:55
- Key West Witch favorited Recycled Magazine Mini Top Hat 07 May 01:17
- Key West Witch added Recycled Magazine Mini Top Hat to Top Hats, Witch Hats, Hats & Fascinater’s 21 Mar 01:22
- Carol commented on Recycled Magazine Mini Top Hat 14 Dec 17:21
- Carol favorited Recycled Magazine Mini Top Hat 14 Dec 17:19
- kelley r. favorited Recycled Magazine Mini Top Hat 03 Nov 19:07
- Johana99 favorited Recycled Magazine Mini Top Hat 29 Aug 21:49
- mmotse03 favorited Recycled Magazine Mini Top Hat 18 Jul 18:10
- Frances D. favorited Recycled Magazine Mini Top Hat 02 Jun 17:36
- Madalein S. favorited Recycled Magazine Mini Top Hat 12 May 21:09
With a paint brush, brush some glue on the strips of paper to glue them together. Make two round ones, one bigger (this will be the brim) and one smaller. (this will be the top) And one that is a long rectangle. This will be the middle. (the height of the hat)
The size of these really depend on how big you want the hat to be.
When it's still wet, take the one to be the height of your hat and wrap it around something round so it will be a nice circle shape when it dries.
(♪♫ you spin me right round baby, right round.. ♫♪)
For mine I used a soda can! It was the perfect size.
You can also take the one that will be the brim and shape it at this point as well if you don't want it to lay flat.