Intelligence, Wisdom, Creativity, Originality
Modify the pattern as you see fit. It is rather easy if somewhat time consuming.
Things to know:
1) Use 2 colours. If you want a tutorial on knitting in two colours, let me know. It is quite easy once you start.
2) 7 Stitches used: Knit (K), Purl (P), Knit 2 together (K2tog), Yarn Over (YO), Make 1 stitch to the Left (M1L), Make 1 stitch to the Right (M1R), Slip Slip Knit (SSK).
3) The pattern can be converted to straight needles. If you do, make sure to purl every other row.
- 112556_2F2015-12-19-231345-Ravenclaw+mitten+L.jpg 576 KB [ Download ]
- 112556_2F2015-12-19-231350-Ravenclaw+mitten+R.jpg 535 KB [ Download ]
- Felicity G. favorited Ravenclaw Mittens 12 Sep 03:26
- Lysbeth B. favorited Ravenclaw Mittens 06 Sep 15:10
- Rachel Y. favorited Ravenclaw Mittens 08 May 20:16
- Carlos W. favorited Ravenclaw Mittens 23 Mar 09:44
- Daniel P. favorited Ravenclaw Mittens 22 Mar 08:58
- Conner W. favorited Ravenclaw Mittens 11 Feb 12:40
- Falene M. entered her project Ravenclaw Mittens to Secret Santa 27 Dec 19:31
- Falene M. published her project Ravenclaw Mittens 27 Dec 14:24
CUFF (Optional but recommended): size 4 needles
Round 1-12: Ribbing (K1P1)
Round 13: Switch to size 6 needles; knit 1 round in stockinette (K51)
Round 14: K1 *K2tog, YO, K3; repeat from * 9times; K2tog, YO, K2
(Rows 1-2: Stockinette in Navy Blue; Rows 3-5: Start pre-pattern (K3 in Blue; K3 in Gold; repeat))
Row 6: Start Pattern from 1, working colours as indicated.
Pattern Row 5: Begin increases for thumb as charted (M1L/M1R to increase).
Pattern Row 24: Knit to thumb; transfer thumb stitches to holder/waste yarn; continue to knit as charted.
Pattern Row 42: Begin decreases for top of mitten (start 1” before top of mitten). You can use K2tog, or SSK (or a combination of the two).
THUMB: move stitches from holder to dpns.
Row 1: Pick up 3 stitches from inside of thumb. Knit 23.
Row 2: knit 17, K2tog, K2tog, K2tog.
Row 3- thumb length : knit rows to thumb length; last row *K1, K2tog, repeat from *.