Dress up basic Cupcakes for a sweet Raspberry Lemon treat that is sure to impress!
Basic cupcakes are always good for a pot luck or family gathering, but dress them up a little and they will be the star of the show! With a few additions to the box mix, these are going to WOW your friends!
- Kaiulani W. favorited Raspberry Lemon Fun Da Middles Cupcakes 10 Jul 02:00
- Shirin L. favorited Raspberry Lemon Fun Da Middles Cupcakes 08 May 12:16
- emilyw24 favorited Raspberry Lemon Fun Da Middles Cupcakes 28 Apr 03:24
- elaina.nattrass added Raspberry Lemon Fun Da Middles Cupcakes to Cupcakes 09 Apr 00:19
- Jinx added Raspberry Lemon Fun Da Middles Cupcakes to Cupcakes 25 Mar 04:43
- B. B. favorited Raspberry Lemon Fun Da Middles Cupcakes 05 Mar 18:24
- jessica.boulanger.10 added Raspberry Lemon Fun Da Middles Cupcakes to foods 26 Jan 00:20
- elaina.nattrass added Raspberry Lemon Fun Da Middles Cupcakes to Sweets 19 Jan 19:16
- Jennifer V. added Raspberry Lemon Fun Da Middles Cupcakes to Stuff I want to Try 15 Jan 20:02
- Emma H. added Raspberry Lemon Fun Da Middles Cupcakes to Tea/Dinner Party 06 Jan 20:41
Here's what you do:
Follow the directions on the box and add in the Lemon extract to the cake mix.
Squeeze the cream filling into a bowl and mix in the Raspberry extract. I added an extra 1/2 teaspoon, but flavor it to your liking.
Add a touch of Pink food coloring to the cream if you want a pink center.
Transfer the cream filling to a sandwich baggie and cut off 1/2 inch from the corner.
Add a tablespoon of cake mix to the prepared cupcake pan, squeeze some cream into the center of the batter being careful not to get the cream on the paper liner.
Add in the rest of the cupcake batter and bake at 350 degrees F for 25 - 28 minutes.
For the frosting I made a basic buttercream and had LOTS of leftovers.
1.5 sticks of butter
1/4 cup shortening
1.5 pounds of powered sugar
1/4 cup milk
1/2 teaspoon each of Lemon and Raspberry Extract
Combine the ingredients in a mixer and mix until smooth. Only add as much milk as needed to make the consistency of frosting desired. This frosting technique needed a stiff icing to hold up.
To make the pretty stripe effect, you add stripes of food coloring to your piping bag and then add the frosting.
Add a pretty star piping tip and load up the frosting.
Top off the frosting with a pretty raspberry.
* NOTE - The first few cupcakes were super BRIGHT but the color faded the more cupcakes I frosted.
I used some McCormick's Neon coloring, so that might explain the brightness factor.
I really enjoyed the flavor combination and the frosting was so beautiful. I can't wait to do this frosting technique again.
I hope that you enjoy them!
Also, check out my Candy Cane Fun-da-Middles that are great for the Christmas Holidays.