Based off the Super Smash Brothers Brawl Peach.
A crown made for a Princess Peach costume but can be tailored to any Princess! If you want a crown that will last you for more than a couple of wears as well as look like the real deal then you have come to the right tute!
- Key West Witch favorited Princess Peach Crown 12 Sep 07:35
- Key West Witch added Princess Peach Crown to Tiaras and Crowns 19 Mar 12:51
- sexyrobin23 favorited Princess Peach Crown 25 Jan 23:59
- VoidBrood favorited Princess Peach Crown 05 Mar 19:28
- Loki_Doki favorited Princess Peach Crown 12 Feb 04:50
- Chudames favorited Princess Peach Crown 21 Apr 21:26
- Nina H. favorited Princess Peach Crown 05 Apr 09:24
- Angela I. favorited Princess Peach Crown 30 Nov 00:56
- notthatmj favorited Princess Peach Crown 04 Nov 16:31
- Steampanda added Princess Peach Crown to Cosplay 21 Oct 20:31
Cut a zig-zag shape out of your foam. I made 4 full points and 1 half point (for overlapping). I made mine approximately 8cms tall.
Cut out a long strip of foam and glue it along the bottom of your zig-zags, this will help reinforce the crown so it doesn't go out of shape.
Paint an undercoat of gold on both sides and let it dry.
Paint a thin layer of PVA glue onto one side of the crown, let semi dry for 5 minutes (just so its tacky). Gently lay a sheet of Gold leaf onto the crown and press lightly with a soft brush. Cover whole crown and let dry for a couple of hours (if you can, overnight).
Once dry use your sponge brush (or cotton wool balls) to buff and smooth the gold leaf and remove any excess. Any cracks wont be too apparent because of the gold paint underneath!
Repeat on other side.
Next the gems! These can be bought at most Art and Craft stores or online! Princess Peach has two different crowns, Her normal one has round gems (red and blue) but I wanted to make the Brawl version which has more Oval gems (pinkey/red and blue). Choose your gems to suit your costume.
I found some really cool jewellery findings for my gems but they were silver so bought some artist quality gold spray paint to change their colour. I then super glued the gems into the findings.
Once again this step is *optional*, you can just paint the design on freehand but you get a cleaner finish using an airbrush.
Mix up some dark gold paint (gold + tiny drop of black/brown), I used a 'flow medium' to thin out my paint because it helps keep the colour but you can also use water, it just means the water will make it a bit more transparent.
Secure your stencil onto your crown using tape or a weight and airbrush the design on.
After its dry, use some tacky craft glue/glue gun anything strong! and glue your gems in place.