Cook Without A Book
When I'm feeling especially ambitious, I make these with a filling of homemade rosti potatoes. The rest of the time I opt for store-bought hash brown patties, and the sandwich is still delicious.
Makes 4 large sandwiches, serving 4 to 8
- Alecia B. favorited Potato Reubens 23 Aug 06:27
- Kennedy C. favorited Potato Reubens 20 Aug 00:50
- Grimgirl101 favorited Potato Reubens 20 Jun 22:18
- bored favorited Potato Reubens 10 Jun 22:31
- craftgirl14 favorited Potato Reubens 02 Jun 21:12
- Anüü H. favorited Potato Reubens 19 May 20:46
- Shannon W. favorited Potato Reubens 09 Apr 16:07
- Devious_Insightful_Pixie favorited Potato Reubens 09 Apr 02:58
- blouhell added Potato Reubens to Food 01 Apr 07:29
- blouhell favorited Potato Reubens 01 Apr 07:28
Spread the cut sides of each roll with the sauce. Arrange 1 1/2 cheese slices on each roll bottom, followed by a portion of sauerkraut and then 1 1/2 hash brown patties. Cap with the roll tops.
Increase the heat under the skillet to medium and arrange the sandwiches in the skillet, topping them with a plate. Place a 2-pound weight (a 1-quart carton of broth works well) on top of the plate. Cook, turning once, until the cheese melts and the sandwiches are crisp, 8 to 10 minutes total. Halve and serve.