Just a rockin'-and-rollin' good time!
I love retro clothing, and decided to use leftover fabric from a recently made Dorothy costume to bring back the fabulous '50s! (Sorry I didn't explain the circle skirt to you here, but it's really easy. Just go to the website I listed.)
- Amber J. favorited Poodle Skirt 05 Nov 21:12
- InterpretThat favorited Poodle Skirt 28 Feb 08:44
- samantha.nastamagou favorited Poodle Skirt 09 Nov 00:37
- Zombie Babe added Poodle Skirt to new wardrobe 01 Oct 02:16
- MarioEda favorited Poodle Skirt 05 Aug 09:18
- Cherilyn M. favorited Poodle Skirt 21 Jun 03:02
- Kate F. favorited Poodle Skirt 20 Jun 00:09
- Kim B. favorited Poodle Skirt 09 Sep 03:53
Use the directions on this website to make your basic circle skirt.
It's okay if your circle is uneven to start, because I found you can easily fix it.
To make the poodle, or whatever symbol you'd like on the skirt, trace a stencil of said symbol onto a colored fabric- preferably one that contrasts your skirt. Cut this out.
I know, I know- I took the easy way out: hot glue your patch onto the bottom of your skirt on either side. Make sure your patch is secure on all sides! (If I were a better sewer, I might have sewn it on...but I'm not.)
Draw a leash to your dog (if applicable) with a fabric marker. Have it attach to the dog's neck and extend to the waistband of your skirt.
Embellish the dog/whatever however you like! Rhinestone eyes, bows, hats, cotton for the poodle poofs. Whatever!
Put on some Elvis and get to rockin'!