Almost too pretty to eat!
An easier and more time efficient way of making these is to purchase store bought sugar cookie dough, and divide that up and add colouring paste!
- DocDoolittle favorited Playdough Cookies 16 Feb 14:30
- Syeyon K. commented on Playdough Cookies 02 Dec 10:07
- SugarNSpiceLily added Playdough Cookies to party goodies (kids) 15 Nov 00:53
- SugarNSpiceLily favorited Playdough Cookies 15 Nov 00:52
- StacysMOM favorited Playdough Cookies 30 Jul 00:29
In a bowl, cream butter, cream cheese and sugar until fluffy. Add egg and vanilla; beat until smooth.
In a medium bowl combine flour, baking powder and salt. Add dry ingredients to the creamed mixture. Stir till soft dough forms. Divide dough into fourths. Tint each with a different food color. Wrap in plastic wrap and chill for 1-2 hours.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Working with half of each color, shape dough into 3/4 inch balls and for each cookie place 1 pink, 1 green, 1 blue and 1 orange ball together to make 1 large ball. Shape into a 12 inch long roll (like a snake), starting at one end, coil roll to make a 2 3/4 inch round cookie. Place cookies 3 inches apart on lightly greased baking sheet. Carefully insert lollipop sticks into bottoms of cookies.
Bake cookies for 8 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool and store in an airtight container.