A cute little hat that I adore :D
An adorable hat with a small point in the back that I think is simply adorable :)
Yarn: worsted weight
Needles: one pair of 14 inch needles in size to give you the gauge below
Gauge: 4.5 stitches = 1” in stocking stitch
- Elise T. added Pixie Hat to Knitting 17 Jul 01:24
- Elise T. favorited Pixie Hat 29 Aug 17:01
- Carla B. favorited Pixie Hat 10 Dec 17:27
- ShortHairedGirl favorited Pixie Hat 17 Oct 14:26
- Shantelle t. added Pixie Hat to something i'd like to try 02 Oct 06:06
- Sandra L. replied to a comment on Pixie Hat 25 Jan 07:32
- Sandra L. commented on Pixie Hat 25 Jan 07:32
- Taba__tina added Pixie Hat to accessori 04 Jan 19:20
- sam.apel.9 added Pixie Hat to Accessories 11 Dec 03:11
- PuddyTat favorited Pixie Hat 12 Oct 14:58
Cast on 70 sts. Work in ribbing on K2, P2, for 4 rows.
Row 5: K6, ribbing to the last 6 sts, K6.
Row 6: P6, ribbing to the last 6 sts, P6.
Row 7: same as row 5
Row 8: K8, ribbing to the last 8 sts, K8.
Row 9: P8, ribbing to the last 8 sts, P8.
Row 10: same as row 8
Row 11: K10, ribbing to the last 10 sts, K10.
Row 12: P10, ribbing to the last 10 sts, P10.
Row 13: same as row 11
Continue in the this way to work 2 sts more in the crosswise ridges (at beginning and end) and 2 sts less in the vertical ribs at center, every 3 rows, until only the center vertical rib of K2 remains. K1 row plain and break off yarn, leaving at least an 18” end to sew with. Place 35 sts on each of the 2 needles,
beginning at center and working from the right side of the last row, weave all the sts together. This is the center back. (Or if you are intimidated by weaving, bind off the last row and sew back together.)
You can add finishing details as you wish. I didn't add anything but you could add on earflaps or a border of fuzz