Every Thing Tastes Better On A Stick
I made these last year for fun, and then made them for Thanksgiving and they were a hit. Would be good with any pie filling! Think I might try cherry this year. I originally saw the idea in Better Homes and Gardens and they had a recipe for the filling, I cheated and used a good canned filling.
1 15-oz pkg refrigerated pie crust (2 crusts)
10-12 paper or wooden lollipop sticks
Your favorite pie filling (I cut the apples in mine to be just little then mashed with a fork a bit)
1 egg, separated
1 tablespoon sugar
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
A few notes on making the pies. To fit more filling into my pies I molded the top piece a bit in my fingers to be a dome. That way you get more filling with the crust. If it seems a little thin, that is okay. You don’t want it too thick or your pies will be all crust!
- Kaiulani W. favorited Pie On A Stick 26 Nov 04:21
- Ariane D. favorited Pie On A Stick 04 May 03:42
- Sunnie favorited Pie On A Stick 14 Feb 21:42
- jen h. favorited Pie On A Stick 28 Apr 17:17
- Jenn favorited Pie On A Stick 17 Mar 15:46
- Flo Di favorited Pie On A Stick 10 Mar 04:04
- Kay B. favorited Pie On A Stick 16 Feb 17:05
- amanda.shillito favorited Pie On A Stick 17 Dec 00:48
- anetta.woolwineramey favorited Pie On A Stick 02 Nov 01:21
- FrankieStein favorited Pie On A Stick 01 Nov 03:24
Preheat oven to 375°. If not using a nonstick cookie sheet line with parchment paper and set aside.
Unroll the pie crusts on a lightly floured surface. Roll each crust to be about a 12 inch circle. Using a leaf cookie cutter or circle (mine was around 3 inches and I found it at Hobby Lobby) make 10 – 12 cutouts from each crust.
Put half the cutouts on the baking sheet and press the lollipop sticks into the center of each. Spoon a little filling into the middle of each.
Take your egg white and add a teaspoon of water, whisk until frothy. With your finger brush the egg white on the edges of the cutouts. Place the other cutouts onto the filling and with a fork seal the edges. Make sure the dough is pressed firmly around the stick.
Whisk the egg yolk and a teaspoon of water in a small bowl. Brush onto the top of the pies. Combine the sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Sprinkle over the top of the pies.
Bake for 15 -20 minutes or until golden. Let cool on baking sheet.