Learn how to make your own mini moon banner!
Recently I bought a whole bunch of little wooden circles from the craft store. They were going to be used for another project but that project was a craft fail. So I began thinking of a new project where I could use these little circles.
At about that time I remembered a felt moon banner that I had saw on pinterest (which was super cool). I decide to change the felt moons to wood and gave the project a try. I loved the final results and decided to make it into a full diy :)
- Sarah Sylvia S. favorited Phases Of The Moon Mini Banner 20 Jul 02:24
- Pollie P. favorited Phases Of The Moon Mini Banner 24 Jan 18:58
- Tess added Phases Of The Moon Mini Banner to home 02 Jun 23:45
- Tess added Phases Of The Moon Mini Banner to food 02 Jun 23:45
- Shanna G. added Phases Of The Moon Mini Banner to To-make list 02 May 04:04
- Abby C. favorited Phases Of The Moon Mini Banner 02 Mar 22:43
- Chemical Kid favorited Phases Of The Moon Mini Banner 24 Feb 03:29
- Jenny C. favorited Phases Of The Moon Mini Banner 20 Feb 01:43
- Toni T. favorited Phases Of The Moon Mini Banner 11 Feb 03:57
- cynthia c. favorited Phases Of The Moon Mini Banner 08 Feb 02:26
Once your circles are dry, go and google ''phases of the moon''. When you find a picture/chart that shows each moon phase print it out. This will help you keep track of what each phase looks like.
Then begin painting each moon phase with your gray paint. I also added a little bit of grey glitter to give my moons some sparkle.
When your moons are dry, you can then start connecting them together. To do that, just cut a small piece of embroidery thread and feed each end through the back of two of your wooden circles. Then tie a knot in the front. Keep repeating this step until all your moons are connected.
Once all your moons are connected, go and add some embroidery thread to the ''black''moons on each end of your banner. This will create the loops to hang your banner.