Peyote stitch is an easy way to make a big impact!
If you are looking to learn a beading stitch, give peyote stitch a try. There are gobs of YouTube videos to watch and once you figure it out it is quite simple.
- 111020_2F2015-09-13-194355-Scan_20150725+_281_29.jpg 575 KB [ Download ]
- Alex Z. added Peyote Stitch Necklace to Интересное 12 May 17:09
- Falene M. added Peyote Stitch Necklace to Jewellery 29 Dec 02:01
- veronica f. favorited Peyote Stitch Necklace 19 Dec 18:53
- Cake Eater Sarah favorited Peyote Stitch Necklace 12 Oct 23:43
- MissDarkMark favorited Peyote Stitch Necklace 04 Oct 12:46
- Kate S. published her project Peyote Stitch Necklace 04 Oct 06:00
Once you have made the pendant, take a really long piece of beading string and thread it through all the beads in the top edge of the pendant. My piece of string was about 4 feet long.
Position the string so 1/4 is on one side of the pendant and the other 3/4 is on the other side.
Starting on the longer side of the string, load up beads in a random pattern. Fill the string with beads until it is the length you want for the final necklace.
Make a loop with your beaded string by looping it back through the top beads on the pendant and pull taut.
You should now have an un-beaded length of string on either side of the necklace. Bead each side of the string with the same random beading method as you did on the first strand.
Once you load both sides of the string with beads, knot the two strands together in the back of the necklace.