Self drafted pencil skirt
A simple pencil skirt, with waist darts.
- Kevin Huggins commented on Pencil Skirt 16 Jul 04:59
- Kevin Huggins favorited Pencil Skirt 16 Jul 04:59
- jane.louis.353 added Pencil Skirt to skirts 14 Jul 19:34
- jane.louis.353 favorited Pencil Skirt 14 Jul 19:34
- Carrollann O. favorited Pencil Skirt 03 Jul 14:25
- Crafterella featured Pencil Skirt 02 Jul 23:00
- RareJewel favorited Pencil Skirt 30 Jun 16:35
- Surf jewels published their project Pencil Skirt 21 Jun 09:00
I made a simple pattern piece, starting with a rectangle, the top being an inch more than one quarter of your waist measurement (the inch allowing for the darts). Curved the side seam out a little, added a dart and it was ready to cut.
I added seam allowances all around, cut the front on the fold and the back pieces separately, so an invisible zip could be inserted at the back.
I always use greaseproof paper for pattern making, pretty cheap and comes on a roll.