You'll sparkle and shine at your next special event with these dazzling Sapphire and Crystal drop earrings
You don't need to be a master jeweler to create expensive looking sparkly jewelry like the exquisite pieces you see at the jewelers. You can easily create the look of pavé-set jewelry with just a few simple materials and tools.
- Rebecca M. favorited Pavé Drop Earrings 13 Jun 19:31
- Donna M. favorited Pavé Drop Earrings 03 Jun 22:22
- Diana B. added Pavé Drop Earrings to Jewelry 27 Sep 15:49
- shazambooka favorited Pavé Drop Earrings 06 Sep 21:54
- Emma H. favorited Pavé Drop Earrings 03 May 13:23
- Lauren favorited Pavé Drop Earrings 29 Apr 20:22
- MillLaneStudio published her project Pavé Drop Earrings 29 Apr 06:00
You Will Need
Use latex gloves whilst handling the raw Jewelry Clay and always follow the manufacturer's instructions.
Pinch equal amounts (about the size of a large pea) of Parts A and B and form each piece into a ball. Mix them together until no marbling shows. Press the clay into one bezel and smooth it right out to the edges - it should form a slight dome. Set aside any excess clay.
Once the clay has cured, you can assemble your earrings. I attached the earring findings with 5-minute epoxy for permanent adhesion - I find this to be the adhesive that works best for me. These earrings were made for unpierced ears so I've used a clip on earring blank but a stud setting would give you the same look.
To finish the earrings, string the tear drop crystal on a head pin and turn a simple loop. Attach to the bottom loop of the earring bezel.