A cute and classy skirt that just happened to have a matching purse.
I found this beautiful tablecloth at the local goodwill and I didn't measure it but I made this skirt, a pair of lounge pants, a purse and a tote out of it so it was a rather large piece. I decided to put the length just past my knees because I cant seem to find tasteful skirts made to fit my lush figure the length I want. I feel like I could get the fit to be a little better and am currently rethinking the tie at the waistband, and maybe tacking the pleats just below the butt to make the fullness more of a kick pleat...... Maybe I'll just turn the pleats to the side and rock it over a tight long sleeved top and sweater. I included pictures of the matching purse I made using the scraps and some brown poplin I had in my stash.
I hope this explanation is clear enough, if not msg me and I'll clarify. Understand that this tablecloth was finished on all edges so I used the side hems as the finished edges on my center back seam/zipper and the bottom hem stayed the bottom hem. If your starting with rough fabric or are doing more cutting you will want to be sure to finish edges and hems accordingly.
- Tierra T. favorited Patternless Pleated Skirt 14 Nov 23:18
- Nimh M. favorited Patternless Pleated Skirt 08 Aug 16:37
- Lauren H. favorited Patternless Pleated Skirt 20 Jun 15:35
- Morbid M. favorited Patternless Pleated Skirt 19 Jun 21:01
- Erin C. favorited Patternless Pleated Skirt 09 May 05:07
- Maureen L. favorited Patternless Pleated Skirt 16 Apr 10:15
- Nichol P. favorited Patternless Pleated Skirt 28 Jan 06:13
- HarukaMS added Patternless Pleated Skirt to Fashion! 16 Jul 07:25
- Shelynn T. favorited Patternless Pleated Skirt 15 Jan 00:22
- Shantelle t. added Patternless Pleated Skirt to how to clothing 23 Oct 18:24
Fold down 2 inches of the waistband and pin and iron, cut a length of ribbon to the length of waistband and sew to the waistband when hemming it. Then run a second hem under the first one encasing the rough edges inside the ribbon. Then insert zipper starting at the bottom of the waistband fold and finish the back seam.