Winter Knits Made Easy
This blanket is in the simplest stitch – garter stitch – and can be as small or as large as you like. to mix things up a little, you can rotate alternate squares by 90° when sewing up the squares so that you create some texture within the blanket, or even choose some different stitch patterns, remembering to check the tension and size of each square.
Each square is 10cm(4in) square, so simply work out how big or small you want your blanket to be. This blanket for a single bed has 12 x 16 squares.
20sts and 40 rows over 10cm (4in) in g st
- Sarah Sylvia S. favorited Patchwork Blanket 19 Jul 02:24
- San added Patchwork Blanket to Sleep Over 01 May 18:41
- RareJewel favorited Patchwork Blanket 30 Apr 06:53
- joathina favorited Patchwork Blanket 25 Apr 11:29
- Daniela S. added Patchwork Blanket to The Burrow DIY Ideas 23 Mar 14:03
- Pippa added Patchwork Blanket to DIY Room 10 Dec 14:19
- WerewolfCas favorited Patchwork Blanket 29 Mar 09:41
- Alecia B. favorited Patchwork Blanket 13 Mar 10:05
- ale_corason favorited Patchwork Blanket 06 Mar 06:30
- bkind2me08501 favorited Patchwork Blanket 05 Mar 17:51
You Will Need
The beauty of this pattern is that it allows you to use different weight yarns. However, if you find that some squares are knitting up too bulky, reduce the number of rows and stitches and/or increase the needle size, for that type of yarn.
Making the squares
Using needles A, cast on 20sts. K for 40 rows and cast off.
Rep to make desired number of squares.
Joining the squares
Using a neutral or matching colour, carefully sew the squares together using either mattress stitch or by oversewing along the side edges of the squares. Oversew along the tops and bottoms of the squares.
Adding the edge
If you’d like a border to bring the whole blanket together, then using needle B, pick up and k 20sts across each square along one side.
next row: K1fb, k to end. Rep last row until the border is the required length. Cast off.
Rep for each side of the blanket. Oversew the mitred corners together.