Good Food Fast
Pasta and Broccoli
Pasta, Olive Oil, Garlic, Red Pepper Flake, Fresh Broccoli and really good Grated Parmesan Cheese
It's our favorite meatless dinner, fast and simple. Or serve as a side dish.
- Miss_Fit favorited Pasta And Broccoli 22 Mar 18:30
- Alice N. added Pasta And Broccoli to Cooking 19 Mar 12:14
- Daniela D. added Pasta And Broccoli to Cooking ideas 17 Jan 06:08
- cristinakilljoyway favorited Pasta And Broccoli 26 Jan 23:27
- JJ J. favorited Pasta And Broccoli 05 Dec 19:44
- Chemical Kid favorited Pasta And Broccoli 29 Nov 01:25
- reese52 favorited Pasta And Broccoli 19 Oct 18:37
- SabrinaPanKakes favorited Pasta And Broccoli 18 Sep 07:36
You will need:
3/4 cup Virgin Olive oil
3 Tbl spoons of chopped garlic
2 tsp of red pepper flake
A box of your favorite pasta.
Fresh broccoli florets
2 cups of Grated Parmesan Cheese - make sure it's got a great flavor.
A box of your favorite pasta....any kind will do
Mix the oil, the garlic and the red pepper flake together in a small pot, on the lowest possible flame warm enough just to infuse the flavors. Stir a couple of times. Leave this warming until the pasta is done. If your oil gets to hot, you'll have crunchy hard garlic (yuck)
In a large pot, add your water and salt to boil.
Start prepping your broccoli by breaking the florets into bit size pieces.
When the water is ready for the pasta, add it to the water and cook it as directed.
Add the broccoli to the boiling pasta for the last 2 minutes of the cooking time, carefully drain away all the water.
With the pasta and cooked broccoli in the same pot that you cooked it in, add the warm olive oil mix and stir well.
Add the cheese a cup at a time, use a large spoon to mix it well.
(if you add all the cheese at once, you will end up with a HUGE cheese blob.)
You can add more cheese or go with less...whatever you like.