Paper Quilled Mouse
© 2019 Diane Boden / Search Press · Reproduced with permission.
- Trisha J. favorited Paper Quilled Mouse 27 Nov 03:14
- Ec T. favorited Paper Quilled Mouse 05 Feb 09:44
- Sue R. favorited Paper Quilled Mouse 10 Jul 23:36
- Lynnski favorited Paper Quilled Mouse 12 May 10:15
- bkind2me08501 favorited Paper Quilled Mouse 01 Apr 17:04
- Kay Bay favorited Paper Quilled Mouse 01 Apr 16:46
- Search Press published her project Paper Quilled Mouse 01 Apr 06:00
1 To make the head, join three 45cm (17¾in) light grey strips end to end and roll into a tight coil. Push up into a dome shape. Coat the underside of the coil with glue and allow to dry.
2 For the eyes, make two 4cm (1½in) black pegs.
3 To make the nose, roll a 5.5cm (2¼in) pale pink strip and make into a heart shape. Cut into a 2mm (1/16in) dark grey strip at both ends to make whiskers.
4 For each ear, join a 22.5cm (87/8in) pale pink strip to a 22.5cm (87/8in) light grey strip. Roll up from the pink end. Make the coil into an eccentric circle and pinch into an ear shape as shown.
5 To make the upper body, join four 45cm (17¾in) strips end to end, roll and push up into a dome shape as with the head, until it measures 2cm (¾in) high. Coat the underside of the coil with glue and allow to dry.
6 To make the lower body, repeat step 5, but push up the coil to measure 1.5cm (½in) high. Coat the underside with glue and allow to dry.
7 Glue the upper and lower parts of the body together, then glue a strip around the middle to disguise the join.
8 For the arms and feet, make four petal shapes from 22.5cm (87/8in) strips.
9 To make the tail, make a very loose coil using a 45cm (17¾in) strip. Pinch it hard into a long, thin strip with a bend in it.
10 To assemble, shade the background card with the chalk pastel and glue the body and head to the card. Then attach the arms, feet, ears and tail. Finally, add the mouse’s features to finish.