Who knew paper mache could be so fun?! And cute?!
I love these little bowls. This was one of those perfect crafts for me.
1) I used to scrapbook and have oodles of old scrapbook paper that I could "shop" from.
2) I like to use up old supplies. :)
3) I wanted something to decorate my shelf with.
4) I wanted a craft to do with my kids.
Bingo! Paper mache bowls. :)
- Sarah Sylvia S. favorited Paper Mache Bowls 19 Jul 05:06
- Jen S. added Paper Mache Bowls to Cate's room ideas 03 Mar 01:15
- Jen S. favorited Paper Mache Bowls 02 Mar 21:09
- Sally y. favorited Paper Mache Bowls 20 Jul 00:52
- Xx13.CrowsxX added Paper Mache Bowls to Idea 09 Jun 01:57
- Maaike added Paper Mache Bowls to To-make list 26 Jan 14:41
- gemma.isla favorited Paper Mache Bowls 29 Dec 11:54
- Tera B. favorited Paper Mache Bowls 04 Dec 04:52
- rochelle.c.barton favorited Paper Mache Bowls 03 Nov 20:37
- Lisa L. favorited Paper Mache Bowls 03 Nov 02:51
Punch a lot of 1-inch circles. Find yourself some bowls to use as molds. Wrap in plastic wrap. Now, I learned this the hard way: the plastic wrap sticks to glass bowls a little too well. I'd recommend either using plastic bowls or maybe putting a dish cloth between the bowl and the plastic wrap. That'll make removing your paper bowl SOOO much easier.
Make yourself some paper mache goo:
Combine ½ cup flour and 2 cups cold water in a bowl.
Boil 2 cups of water in a sauce pan and add the flour and cold water mixture. Bring to a boil again.
Remove from heat and add 3 tablespoons of sugar.
Let cool. The paste will thicken as it cools.
Dip paper circles into the goo, put on the bowl.