How to make a paper flower
This is a flower that I put together for a series of projects that I've been working on for the shop. I was going to include it with the Petal Collection, but I decided that this was one worth sharing. It doesn't require any fancy equipment at all!
- Lybie K. added Paper Flower to Flowers 30 Jan 18:01
- Lybie K. favorited Paper Flower 30 Jan 18:01
- Adrienne S. added Paper Flower to Paper Flowers And Projects 29 Apr 21:42
- fong f. favorited Paper Flower 09 Nov 03:48
- Arleen S. favorited Paper Flower 08 Aug 15:18
- Brenda A. favorited Paper Flower 26 Jun 08:15
- Cheryl S. added Paper Flower to Paper Crafts 20 Dec 05:05
- JoAnn C. favorited Paper Flower 09 May 19:22
- Ruth M. favorited Paper Flower 29 Nov 13:22
- Jess U. favorited Paper Flower 25 Sep 22:39
Cut out 8 petals that are similar to a heart shape but with a flat bottom. Notice how my petals aren't exactly symmetrical—they don't need to be. Six should be about 2" (5cm) tall and 2" (5cm) at it widest point. Cut 2 petals that are smaller—about 1.5" (4cm) in height and the same at their widest point. Cut out one circle that is 1" (2.5cm). wide.
Cut the center of each petal about 1/2" (13mm) vertically, as shown by the white lines in the photo below.
Score each petal vertically (following the curve of the outer edges), several times until the entire petal is marked. Do the scoring on a cutting mat. The soft surface helps the bone folder sink into the paper and protects your table!