Cute little pancakes that are nice and convenient for a picnic or just to nibble at home!
The pancake batter can be kept for a few day in the fridge so you can have fresh pancakes whenever :)
- Key West Witch favorited Pancake Lollipops 05 May 05:57
- Kate A. favorited Pancake Lollipops 09 Jan 05:25
- Nankita added Pancake Lollipops to picnic 16 Feb 18:47
- kennahdanielle.deleon favorited Pancake Lollipops 15 Nov 10:56
- kiki w. added Pancake Lollipops to pancakes 17 Jul 17:34
- kiki w. favorited Pancake Lollipops 17 Jul 17:33
- pink favorited Pancake Lollipops 04 Oct 03:39
- Katie F. favorited Pancake Lollipops 15 Sep 23:30
- Lena S. favorited Pancake Lollipops 07 Sep 16:14
- Paola favorited Pancake Lollipops 29 Jun 13:27
Mix together all the dry ingredients (the sugar and the flour) in a medium sized bowl.
Make a well in the middle of the dry ingredients mix and add in the egg, lightly beaten, but do not mix yet!
Add a bit of milk to the well in the mixture and them start mixing in the egg using a whisk, I find this easiest when i don't put the whisk in the dry ingredients I just let the dry ingredients get mixed in as I move the egg/milk mix around in a circle, but as long as its mixed whatever works! :)
Continue adding milk until the mixture is quite fluid but still kinda thick not watery, so that when you cook it it won't be too thick and it won't just go everywhere and cook wrong.
This is the only part thats a little tricky imo.
(thats about the right consistency)
Now you can either use a griddle or a frying pan to make these but what you do is you grease up the surface just a little bit so that the pancakes don't stick, and allow the surface to heat up, I use a medium flame to cook mine.
Take a tablespoon and fill it about 3/4 full of you pancake mix, then very quickly pour it onto the griddle/pan once it starts to cook while the pancake is still wet put your already prepared lollipop stick into the wet mixture and press it down lightly into the wet mixture. After a couple of minutes flip the pancake over using a spatula, and let it cook on the other side, and there you have a perfect pancake lollipop!
See the video if this is tricky it might help :) although the video is a bit messy because i was filming and cooking at the same time :P
THIS STEP IS OPTIONAL
An interesting twist on this is to use metal cutters to shape your pancakes when they cook, although this can be tricky so try it without first :)
Hope you enjoy your pancake pops! :D