A little number I Frankensteined together. Part Pattern, part magic
Basically what I did here was cut out the vest pieces of the costume. When pinned to fabric, I cut along the pattern to the waist line, then stopped. As shown in the picture above. This allowed me to use the top portion only, and make it into a dress instead of a vest. Keep in mind how low this neckline is, if you want to do this, I recommend adding some to the top if you don't plan on wearing much under it. I then made a pleated skirt, and a belt area to connect the 2 pieces. I used a 22" zipper in the back. The top and belt area are lined with black calico fabric. The skirt is unlined. I sewed together the vest pieces, then added the skirt with belt. I then took the complete lining section and sewed it on the vest/belt area with right sides together, adding in the trim for the chest. with the exception of where the zipper was to go and at the bottom of the lined piece where it would cover the skirt seam. I then added the zipper and hand stitched the bottom of the lining over the skirt seam. Then sewed the left over seam from the bottom of the skirt to the zipper, added the trim to the skirt, and finished the shoulders. I don't have enough detail to make this a how-to, but if you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask!
- mickeyiscrafty favorited P3 16 Jan 01:12
- Rebecca R. favorited P3 02 Feb 22:27
- Dana M. favorited P3 18 Feb 10:19
- TheCheriot added P3 to A 15 Nov 09:03
- Jess H. favorited P3 01 Aug 07:37
- Judy favorited P3 11 May 00:46
- Mai added P3 to Clothes 20 Jan 00:36
- Mai favorited P3 11 Jan 05:57
- cristinakilljoyway favorited P3 30 Dec 22:36
- Kez N. favorited P3 27 Nov 03:27
Kiwi Kaos posted this project as a creation without steps
Here are some similar tutorials to help you make this one!