The perfect greeting card for a baby shower gift.
Owls are all the rage for baby gear these days, so I created this card for a cousin's baby last year.
- Pimke added Owl Greeting Card to Origami 09 Feb 14:45
- Pimke added Owl Greeting Card to Häckelmuster 09 Feb 14:45
- srslyjc favorited Owl Greeting Card 19 Jul 20:39
- Kriszta I. favorited Owl Greeting Card 05 Feb 09:31
- TheeCookieMonsterr favorited Owl Greeting Card 05 Nov 04:09
- Tennyemaye W. favorited Owl Greeting Card 26 Sep 18:46
- Hai_ItsAmy favorited Owl Greeting Card 23 Sep 17:55
- Jan P. favorited Owl Greeting Card 21 Aug 17:14
- Rebecca D. added Owl Greeting Card to To-make list 27 Jul 21:08
- Patricia J. favorited Owl Greeting Card 27 Jul 04:40
EYES - make 2.
Worked in the round.
With Brown, ch 4.
Rnd 1. 2 dc in 4th ch from hook, ch 1, (3 dc, ch 1) 3 times in same ch; join with sl st in top of beg ch-3. Finish off. 11 dc and 4 ch-1 sp.
Rnd 2. Join White with sl st in any ch-1 sp. Ch 2, (dc, ch 1 dc2tog) in same sp as joining, ch 1, (dc2tog, ch 1) twice in ea rem ch-1 sp around. Join with sl st in top of beg ch. Finish off. 8 dc clusters and 8 ch-1 sp.
Rnd 3. Join Main Color with sl st in any ch-1 sp. Ch 3, 2 dc in same sp as joining, ch 1, *3 dc in next ch-1 sp, ch 1; rep from * around. Join with sl st in top of beg ch-3. 24 dc and 8 ch-1 sp.
Rnd 4. Ch 1, sc in same ch as joining and next 2 dc, 2 sc in next ch-1 sp, *sc in next 3 dc, 2 sc in next ch-1 sp; rep from * around. Finish off. 40 sc.
Worked from bottom up.
With Orange, ch 4.
Row 1. 2 dc in 4th ch from hook. 2 dc.
Row 2. Ch 3; turn. 2 dc in first dc, skip next dc, 3 dc in last dc. Finish off. 6 dc.
EARS - make 2.
With Main Color, ch 3.
Row 1. 2 dc in 4th ch from hook. Finish off. 2 dc.
Weave in all ends. Coat the back of each piece and arrange on front of greeting card as shown in photo. Allow to dry completely. If desired, layer a sheet of wax paper and a heavy book on top to keep the card from wrinkling as it dries.