a cute & easy bookmark with hearts on top
The heart is just an ordinary origami heart, but I used some of the paper that is folded back to make pleated wings. It can't really be considered real origami because you cut the paper into four pieces, but the heart alone is a nice decoration.
The video is my own remaking (with added wings) of the instructions for the heart in Origami for the First Time by Soonboke Smith.
- Lee B. favorited Origami Winged Heart Bookmark 18 Aug 03:22
- Heather H. favorited Origami Winged Heart Bookmark 26 May 01:18
- Kristyn L. favorited Origami Winged Heart Bookmark 25 Jun 04:46
- Maree P. favorited Origami Winged Heart Bookmark 16 Apr 02:02
- Ana M. favorited Origami Winged Heart Bookmark 24 Mar 18:55
- Fabrícia Diniz added Origami Winged Heart Bookmark to Cool stuff 25 Sep 22:40
- Sakura N. favorited Origami Winged Heart Bookmark 18 Sep 02:52
- carys D. favorited Origami Winged Heart Bookmark 21 Jul 16:52
Fold both 2x2 squares according to the video. (Note: the paper shown is larger than the one you are using because it's difficult to see the folds in small paper.)
Glue each of the winged hearts onto the ends of each of the long strips. You now have two thin, one-sided bookmarks. Do not glue the bottom of the heart to the wings- it should flap up and down while the wings stay in place.
Glue one of the thin bookmarks onto the front of your cardboard and the other one on the back. The hearts should stick out from the top.
Completed Winged Heart Bookmark