Add some stellar flair to your house, perfect for party decor!
After seeing many expensive metal stars that look like origami, I decided to sit down and figure out how to make a paper star for myself. These can be used for everything from winter holiday to home to wedding decor, so this project is definitely worth mastering.
- origami-star.gif 1.86 MB [ Download ]
- DAARSHENI favorited Origami Star 14 Jul 02:44
- Pimke added Origami Star to Origami 01 Feb 10:32
- jasmine.thompson.98499 favorited Origami Star 07 Dec 15:12
- sheletor s. favorited Origami Star 25 Nov 07:47
- Crafty Pirate favorited Origami Star 09 Nov 16:47
- Angela S. favorited Origami Star 06 Sep 06:09
- Suzi T. favorited Origami Star 28 Aug 09:08
- Witchy favorited Origami Star 27 Aug 01:32
This project was begging for animated instructions, so download them and watch carefully.
Make five points for your star, following the steps shown in the animation. Once those are ready, gather your tape and sewing supplies to assemble the star. The first thing you’re going to want to do is cut 5 small pieces of tape and stick those to the edge of your work table. This will keep your hands free during the assembly process.
Prep your needle for sewing. Sew around the back of your star, resulting in a pentagon to create the star’s pretty shape. The structure of this project is kind of like a suspension bridge – everything has to be in balance for it too look even and straight. I sewed around the back of my star twice to ensure the look I wanted.