Want to organize and display your sunglasses or spectacles? This is cheap and easy!
I'd been trying to figure out a way to organize my very large collection of glasses for some time. I have 12 pairs of sunglasses and 5 pairs of prescription specs and I have long worried about scratching the lenses. I may not have paid much for most of them, but that's no reason to not take care of them.
I had been trying to work out a way involving the method they are displayed at stores, but that made my head hurt. Finally I came to the conclusion that it would be much better and easier to hang them from ribbon attached to something.
That something wound up being my long, skinny collage frame. Turns it out was PERFECT for the space that I have on my bathroom wall.
- Emma H. added Organize Your Specs to Maurice Moss's IT Crowd Room 27 Jun 20:33
- Rebecca M. favorited Organize Your Specs 18 Aug 00:31
- dona l. added Organize Your Specs to like to try 29 Nov 19:23
- Djamilah W. favorited Organize Your Specs 05 Jun 03:16
- Millie H. added Organize Your Specs to To-make for myself list 17 Apr 22:55
- Elle favorited Organize Your Specs 16 Apr 16:06
Measure the length of your frame and determine how far to space out your strips of ribbon. Be sure that you will have plenty of room between them as they hang. Use a ruler and draw a straight line across both the left and right back side of the frame.
You'll use this as a guide to attach your ribbon, so the more exact the better the end results. I went ahead and placed a pair of glasses about half an inch below each line, just to double check that it would work out. Skip this if you are more confident about your math skills!