Not-As-Bad for you treat!
It's official. I'm obsessed with baked donuts. Because they're baked, you can have like 17 instead of just one of the fried kind, right?!? No, seriously. They are much better for you and the recipe for these oreo donuts only makes 6 donuts, so you're automatically cut off. Win/win.
Next to Reese's Peanut Butter Cups, Oreos are my favorite candy.
The method of eating Oreos:
Separate the layers.
Eat a cookie.
Scoop off the icing and roll into a ball.
Eat the other cookie.
Then, eat the ball of icing.
I know, I'm weird. But, it does make the cookie last longer and you save the best and sweetest part for last! Just like these donuts.
The crushed Oreos in these donuts really shine in both the actual donut and on the top. The speckles in the batter are just so pretty and contrasting to the rest of the donut. It's like they are calling out to you, just to take a huge bite ... eat me.
I highly recommend investing in a donut pan and making your own donuts. Forget about the Krispie Kremes, have 6 of these beauties!
- Izzy H. favorited Oreo Baked Donuts 08 Mar 12:45
- Lara L. favorited Oreo Baked Donuts 28 Feb 22:15
- Danielle C. favorited Oreo Baked Donuts 07 Jun 08:47
- Bonnie B. added Oreo Baked Donuts to Omnomnom 03 Dec 16:28
- Knittin' Kitten commented on Oreo Baked Donuts 19 Nov 10:40
- KelliDroze added Oreo Baked Donuts to Breakfast 27 Oct 23:12
- Albtayeb121 added Oreo Baked Donuts to Food 12 Apr 04:39
- craftgirl14 favorited Oreo Baked Donuts 24 Mar 18:48
- Kassandra R. favorited Oreo Baked Donuts 16 Mar 13:35
- Daphne v. added Oreo Baked Donuts to Cooking 10 Mar 16:20
Preheat the oven to 325°F. In a bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, and Oreos. In another bowl, whisk the remaining ingredients together.
Stir the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. Fill the donut pan with a spoon or using a ziplock bag with a hole cut out of one end.
Bake for 15 minutes or until the top springs back when touched.
Melt some chocolate such as Ghirardelli's 60% cacao chocolate chips, in the microwave, dip the donuts in the chocolate, and top with crushed oreos.