A little new to knitting or just looking for a quick fix? Try knitting these beginner-friendly hair bow.
Nothing makes a statement like a big bow! This project is great for an adventurous beginner, and it's incredibly quick to make.
3.75mm Knitting Needles
DK or Worsted Weight Yarn Scraps
A needle narrow enough to fit through the slits on top of the clip
Conair Hair Clips for Roller Set
- Violette L. favorited Not So Itty Bitty Bows 08 Jul 17:17
- elysha.jardine favorited Not So Itty Bitty Bows 13 Sep 13:21
- cheryl.palmquist.7 favorited Not So Itty Bitty Bows 09 Oct 19:59
- Ellie S. favorited Not So Itty Bitty Bows 17 Apr 12:08
- rachael.benfield favorited Not So Itty Bitty Bows 07 Feb 22:30
- Chudames added Not So Itty Bitty Bows to Knit 05 Feb 16:05
- lola1912 :. favorited Not So Itty Bitty Bows 21 Jan 15:54
- Oriana F. favorited Not So Itty Bitty Bows 02 Jan 06:01
- Taylor.Boles53708 favorited Not So Itty Bitty Bows 02 Jan 02:38
- ale_corason favorited Not So Itty Bitty Bows 31 Dec 08:35
Cast on 20 stitches.
Knit every row until knitting measures approximately 2 inches.
On the next row, knit two together to the end of the row. You should have 10 stitches on your needles.
Knit 3 rows.
Knit the front and back loop of every stitch, increasing 10 stitches. You should have 20 stitches again.
Knit every row until your knitting measures two inches from the increase row so the sides match.
Knit every row until your knitting measures 2.5 inches when stretched.
Thread your sewing needle, and tie a knot around the bottom half of a hair clip so the yarn is secured to the clip.
Sew a few stitches around the front bar (1) and through the bow. Try to make your stitches as small as possible on the right side of the clip. Be sure the make all stitches in the same place.
Discreetly sew along the bow to the center set of bars (2). You aren’t trying to attach anything here. You’re just moving your thread from the front to the middle without a long float in the back. It shouldn’t be noticeable
Sew a few stitches around one of the center bars (2) like you did for the front bar. Move to second bar (2) by carrying the thread across the back or by sewing your way over like the previous step. Make a few stitches around the bar like you did for the others.
Discreetly sew along the bow to the back of the slits (3).
There are no bars to sew around here so sew around the inside of the slit near the base of the clip (3).