Inspired by the T-shirt shrugs I've seen around CO+K, but with no sewing involved!
I've been looking around on the Urban Outfitters website a lot lately and I've seen a lot of unstructured knit clothing on there recently. I think that looks really chic! So I tried to make some of my own by cutting up old, ugly t-shirts!
I made one basic black one that I wear all the time and a yellow fringy one that I haven't gotten a chance to wear yet. I love them both!
- Joy B. favorited No Sew T Shirt Shrug! Get Ready! 20 Feb 19:08
- Miriam S. favorited No Sew T Shirt Shrug! Get Ready! 30 Mar 15:12
- poohbear p. favorited No Sew T Shirt Shrug! Get Ready! 28 Mar 22:27
- Vicki C. favorited No Sew T Shirt Shrug! Get Ready! 28 Jan 02:27
- Sue M. added No Sew T Shirt Shrug! Get Ready! to Fashion 24 Jan 15:47
- Hazzard favorited No Sew T Shirt Shrug! Get Ready! 19 Oct 23:13
- Dawn T. favorited No Sew T Shirt Shrug! Get Ready! 24 Jun 03:58
If your t-shirt is decorated, turn it inside out. Or not, if you want the design to be showing
Cut off the hems of the sleeves. Cut the bottom half of the shirt off and keep for another project!
You now have, if you were to put it on, a belly shirt with shorter sleeves. Now, with the shirt laid out out on a flat surface, cut up the center of the shirt, just through one layer of cloth. It doesn't have to be perfect, because the fabric will roll up anyway, as is the nature of knit.
If you just want a plain shrug, like the black one I made, stop there! You're done! Put it on and be a model!
If you want to make a fringy one like the yellow one pictured above, cut fringe along the bottom of your shrug. You can make the fringe as long or as short as you want!
Good job! You now have helped save the planet by recycling a t-shirt as well created a versatile item of clothing that you'll love!