Easy to make, looks like a complicated design
I saw someone knitting with yarn and beads and the idea of chrocheting got into my head. For the blue-ish necklace I used beads I made from polymere clay and the metal beads I bought.
- Ada B. added Necklace to Necklaces 14 Apr 11:41
- Christina Z. favorited Necklace 06 Oct 15:51
- Marieke entered their project Necklace to BeadCrafty Contest 15 Dec 06:23
- Marieke entered their project Necklace to Beads Unlimited Contest 26 Nov 20:04
- Marieke entered their project Necklace to Crunchy Granola Charm Contest 22 Feb 17:46
First make your own beads with polymere clay (like Fimo). I used blue, transparent and silver. Work them between your fingers untill they are round. I didn't measure them, I think it's alright if they are a bit uneven. It is after all crafting. Use a toothpick to make holes in them. Bake the clay according to instructions, but a little bit less long. Because they are so small they burn easily.
Take a rather large bit of yarn, wax thread, leather or whatever you like. Thread the beads on the yarn. Tie a knot at one end so the beads won't fall off.
Now you start finger crocheting.
Now every time you make a new loop, bring one bead up and swing the loop around it. You can either use a bead for every loop or loop a few without beads.
Measure it and if it fits you, attach a lock.