Spring themed and cute!
I usually make my Mum very 'mumsy' kinds of cards with flowers, watering cans etc and I wanted to create something different this time. My card features a little girl dressed as a bunny inspired by Suse RevoluzZza's Easter bunny decoration. Mother's day is around Spring and Easter so I thought the theme just worked. This is incredibly easy to make but when something has so many bits it's important to think it through - hence a how-to.
Big thank you to Suse RevoluzZza!
- Cheryl S. added Mother's Day Card to Creating Cards 20 Dec 02:18
- Mary S. favorited Mother's Day Card 12 May 02:43
- Miss_Fit added Mother's Day Card to Greeting Cards 10 May 17:34
- queenfairypants entered their project Mother's Day Card to Kanzashi In Bloom Contest 16 Aug 20:47
- queenfairypants entered their project Mother's Day Card to Fiskars Craft Contest 17 Jun 20:23
Draw a bunny shape on whatever material you want. I used this weird paper thats a bit like felt at the same time and used Suse RevoluzZza's PDF download as a guide.
Cut out the bunny and a round shape on the bunnys face.
Cut out the same shape but slightly bigger in the felt.
Work out the best position for a face and hair on the felt laying the paper over to check. Sew or glue a face etc on. I used back stitch.
Add details to the bunny such as a bow like mine. For a bow you just go up and out through the paper with both ends of the thread so they are both sticking out for you to tie into a bow.
Add decoration to the card. I used a bit of recycled wrapping paper and used it on the bunnys body too :)
Stick down the felt face onto the card in the right postion.
Stick down the bunny shape over the top and done!