Get monkeying with this fun shadow theater craft.
This theater reuses a cereal box but requires a little bit of craft knife skills to create the monkeys. Full tutorial on our site: http://www.piikeastreet.com/2012/05/monkey-shadow-theater/
- marlene j. favorited Monkey Shadow Theater 06 Nov 23:24
- midnighthime666 favorited Monkey Shadow Theater 01 Mar 07:39
- Volkova added Monkey Shadow Theater to BUENAS IDEAS 07 Sep 00:15
- shawna j. favorited Monkey Shadow Theater 09 May 00:18
- Ada B. added Monkey Shadow Theater to Home Decor 14 Apr 12:07
- Mai added Monkey Shadow Theater to House Stuffs 20 Jan 00:57
- erin.barnum.7 favorited Monkey Shadow Theater 14 Jan 14:35
- Mai favorited Monkey Shadow Theater 08 Jan 01:44
- RaspberrySourZ added Monkey Shadow Theater to work ideas 05 Jan 20:59
- maria s. favorited Monkey Shadow Theater 29 Nov 02:15
To prepare the cereal box, look for the glue flap which holds it together. Then carefully tear apart and flatten the box. On the larger sides, cut a rectangle about a ½” smaller than the size of your tracing paper. And on the middle narrow portion, cut a 1/8” strip out about a quarter inch from one of the folds. Your final piece should look like this
Use glue or tape to put the box back together. And if you have any, use deco tape to make the box look less like a cereal box. Set aside.
Now cut out a few silhouettes of monkeys from black card stock. If you have trouble doing this, print out some silhouettes you find online. Just be sure to color both sides black with a marker.