An edgy yet very form-fitting t-shirt!
An old stretched out tee shirt gets a second life as a very flattering and form fitting tee with a "mohawk" in the back.
- Alma v. added Mohawk Tee to Recycling T-shirts 21 Apr 20:25
- C.Rami favorited Mohawk Tee 16 Mar 20:40
- heather r. favorited Mohawk Tee 26 Apr 02:10
- Jade C. added Mohawk Tee to Stuff to work on 16 Jan 10:48
- cristinakilljoyway favorited Mohawk Tee 29 Dec 19:50
- MKing0904 favorited Mohawk Tee 30 Nov 19:03
- Emily B. favorited Mohawk Tee 25 Jun 02:31
Fold it in half and mark the center line with pencil or tailors chalk.
Lay the shirt down flat, front side up (still inside out) and measure and mark two lines 3 inches to the left and right of the center line you just drew. Be sure that each line extends from the bottom of the shirt to the shoulders.
Pinch the fabric along the left side of the line so that it stands 1 inch high. Pin the pinched fabric.
Repeat step four with the line on the right.
Flip the shirt inside out again.
Flip it over.
Fold in half and mark the middle of the shirt again. Unfold it and lay it out on a flat work surface, back side facing up.
Measure and mark 2 lines 4 inches outside of and parallel to the center line.
Mark every 2 inches along all 3 vertical lines . Cut the top layer of shirt along the center line, from the bottom to just below the collar.
Working from the center line to the left, make horizontal cuts at each 2 inch mark, stopping at the parallel line 4 inches away.
Repeat step 10 on the line on the right.
Put the shirt on and mark how you would like the neckline.
Cut the neckline.
Make any adjustments that need to be made.