Paula Pryke Wedding Flowers
the vIctorIan posy was first popular in the mid nineteenth century, often backed with lace. Traditionally, concentric circles of pink, blue and lilac flowers would have been wired into a neat round posy.
The circles represent eternity and suggest everlasting love.
I like to make my Victorian posies without any wires and I have to say spring is my preferred season to make them, with muscari and ranunculus being two of my favoured flower varieties for this design.
- Rebecca M. favorited Modern Victorian Posy 14 Jun 14:00
- colette w. favorited Modern Victorian Posy 31 May 00:28
- Southern Crafter added Modern Victorian Posy to Floral n Gardening 22 Feb 21:16
- prusakcornell favorited Modern Victorian Posy 16 Feb 13:42
- Aurum Press published her project Modern Victorian Posy 21 Jan 12:19